The Workshops at the 2022 SETC Convention
Each year, SETC provides over 250 innovative workshops that provide practical development for emerging and seasoned professionals alike. Above all, we strive to achieve diverse programming that represents our diverse membership. We invite you listen and learn from unique perspectives about the latest and greatest developments in theatre and the broader arts community.
At SETC, we make sure each workshop…
- Promotes Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
- Collaborates with other professionals in the field
- Provides professional development
- Contains leading-edge information / theory / innovative practices
- Emphasizes training, learning and performance
- Provides how-to training and/or focuses on skill-building
- Provides information not easily accessible to your target audience
- Offers strategies for growing educational, non-profit and/or for-profit organizations
- Offers strategies for teaching, business, and design technologies
What levels do our workshops serve?
- Beginner/Basic: Introduction and exploration of concepts
- Intermediate: Building on basic skills and developing competency
- Advanced: Fine-tuning for professional artists and practitioners experienced with the concept
Will workshops be available online?
While workshops are in-person this year, an online video gallery will be created as an accessibility option for programming that has been approved. Each presenter will be given the option to upload a recording of their presentation on their workshop application form once accepted. Unlike last year, there is not a live component to this gallery. Attendees that are seeking an accessibility option will be able to view the recordings online during the span of the convention. These recordings will be removed at the end of the convention.
Interested in presenting in the future?
2022 Workshop Submissions are now closed. We are no longer accepting workshop proposals for the 2022 SETC Annual Convention at the Renasant Convention Center in Memphis, TN on March 9-13, 2022. Our deadline for submissions was Sept. 9, 2021. If you have questions, please contact Program Manager Bradley Branham at email@example.com.
We have made the decision to move to a virtual workshop format for our 2021 Convention that will allow us to continue providing new and safe opportunities in theatre while protecting the health of SETC members.
Workshop slots will be offered on March 3rd – 6th at the following times:
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
11:30 AM – 12:30 AM
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Our new virtual workshop format will consist of 45-minute pre-recorded sessions that will conclude with a 15-minute live Q&A between presenters and attendees. If your workshop proposal is accepted, you will receive information about how to upload your pre-recorded workshop and the 15-minute Q&A session that will immediately follow your session.
The submission period for workshop proposals has now ended. If you are still interested in submitting a proposal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Proposal Timeline
Proposal Submissions Open
Proposal Submission Deadline
Convention Registration Opens
Presenter Registration Deadline