The SETC/Stage Rights Ready to Publish Award is a program dedicated to developing, publishing, and licensing new works.
In partnership with the Southeastern Theatre Conference, Stage Rights, one of the leading independent theatrical publishers in the country, announces the opening of submissions for the SETC/Stage Rights Ready to Publish Award. Apply by Nov. 18, 2021. Details below and at link.
One Selected Play/Playwright Will Receive
- Publication in the Stage Rights catalog of plays and musicals
- A panel reading of the play at the 2022 SETC Convention, hosted by the SETC Playwriting Committee
- Prominent display of the final published play by Stage Rights at the 2023 SETC Convention
- $400 to support travel expenses to attend SETC Convention 2022 in Memphis, TN *
- SETC Convention Registration and One-Year Membership
- Playwright retains all copyright ownership
* The goal is to have the selected Playwright attend Convention in-person to present. We understand COVID may prevent this and SETC will work to offer a virtual option. If selected Playwright does not attend in-person, the $400 travel stipend will not be applicable.
- Oct. 12 – Nov. 18, 2021: Window for open submission
- Dec. 2, 2021: Notification of finalists
- Jan. 20, 2022: Announcement of selected play
- Mar. 9 – Mar. 13, 2022: 73rd Annual SETC Convention in Memphis, TN
Note: The panel reading will take place between March 10 – 12.