Since 2004, the Fringe Festival has offered a variety of performing artists a venue in which to showcase their work. From one-person shows and experimental theatre to theatre for youth productions and state festival runner-up performances, audiences continue to come and enjoy theatre. This year’s Fringe will feature up to four pre-recorded productions, which will be streamed on Thursday and Friday evenings during convention.
The 2021 SETC Fringe Festival will take place during our Virtual Convention March 3 – 7, 2021. Performances span over two days (Thursday, March 4 & Friday, March 5, 2021) showcasing a wide variety of work from SETC members. Shows range from college/university theatre to professional theatre performances to one-person shows to experimental theatre to theatre for youth productions to state festival ‘runner-up’ performances.
Pre-recorded Performances: All performances will be pre-recorded. If your Fringe Festival application is accepted, you will receive information about how to upload your performance.
Run Time: Each Fringe Festival production is limited to a maximum runtime of 60 minutes.
Selection Process: Shows are selected on a juried basis. All accepted or declined shows will be notified via email. If your show is selected, you will receive a time slot for your pre-recorded production with further instructions. Each approved applicant will receive one 60-minute time slot to perform. In the unlikely event that a show is chosen after the January 21st early-bird registration deadline, the cast and crew of shows chosen after this deadline would still be eligible to receive the early-bird pricing.
- SETC is only responsible for presenting the show, which means we will provide you with a time slot and publicity.
- Once you are accepted, we require that you provide us with imagery and content to help us promote your performance.
Fringe Festival Participant Responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of the artist or producing company to secure your own rights.
- If chosen, the artist or production group is responsible for paying all applicable fees by the early bird deadline (January 21, 2021) for registration.
- Fees include cost for SETC’s convention attendance and membership for every company member. SETC is a membership organization.
- If your production contains content that may not be suitable for all audience members, please note this in your application and within your show description.
How can I view the festival performances?
Each convention participant will receive a link to log in to the convention platform. Once in, look for the “Festivals” tab. A drop-down menu will appear with options to connect to all the available festivals via galleries. You will be able to watch the shows via the festival gallery pages from Wednesday, March 3, until Wednesday, March 31.
How do the galleries work?
The galleries contain on-demand videos entered in the festivals. Once you select a festival, you can choose a pre-recorded show to watch by clicking on the name of a producing organization. A new page will open with the recording of the selected organization’s production.
2021 Fringe Productions
Walter Houston Robinson Dawn Larsen
Walter Houston Robinson