If your production is selected for inclusion in the SETC Fringe Festival, your production group agrees to pay the applicable fees by the early-bird deadline (January 21, 2021) for registration. Fees include cost for SETC’s convention attendance and membership for every company member.
Since 2004, the Fringe Festival has offered a variety of performing artists a venue in which to showcase their work. From one-person shows and experimental theatre to theatre for youth productions and state festival runner-up performances, audiences continue to come and enjoy theatre. This year’s Fringe will feature up to four pre-recorded productions, which will be streamed on Thursday and Friday evenings during convention.
The 2021 SETC Fringe Festival will take place during our Virtual Convention March 3 – 7, 2021. Performances span over two days (Thursday, March 4 & Friday, March 5, 2021) showcasing a wide variety of work from SETC members. Shows range from college/university theatre to professional theatre performances to one-person shows to experimental theatre to theatre for youth productions to state festival ‘runner-up’ performances.
Pre-recorded Performances: All performances will be pre-recorded. If your Fringe Festival application is accepted, you will receive information about how to upload your performance.
Run Time: Each Fringe Festival production is limited to a maximum runtime of 60 minutes.
Selection Process: Shows are selected on a juried basis. All accepted or declined shows will be notified via email. If your show is selected, you will receive a time slot for your pre-recorded production with further instructions. Each approved applicant will receive one 60-minute time slot to perform. In the unlikely event that a show is chosen after the January 21st early-bird registration deadline, the cast and crew of shows chosen after this deadline would still be eligible to receive the early-bird pricing.
- SETC is only responsible for presenting the show, which means we will provide you with a time slot and publicity.
- Once you are accepted, we require that you provide us with imagery and content to help us promote your performance.
Fringe Festival Participant Responsibilities:
- It is the responsibility of the artist or producing company to secure your own rights.
- If chosen, the artist or production group is responsible for paying all applicable fees by the early bird deadline (January 21, 2021) for registration.
- Fees include cost for SETC’s convention attendance and membership for every company member. SETC is a membership organization.
- If your production contains content that may not be suitable for all audience members, please note this in your application and within your show description.